This is my first attempt at a December Daily album, as I do not have a scrapbooking background other than a year of Project Life I found the process of creating a page from scratch quite difficult on some days.
I used a 6×8 SN@P album for this project with a variety of different page protectors and my stash of materials that were sourced from here there and everywhere. On most days I used one of Ali Edwards December Daily overlays on cardstock or a photo. I also used various digital brushes/stamps on some of my pics.
Overall I am happy with the album. Would I change things, YES! I was sick for quite a lot of December and didn’t do some of the things that I would have liked too. I wanted to have:
- confetti pockets with sequins
- more photos of myself included
- included more textures – trims, fabrics
- used more of my vintage finds
- done some stamping
- done less digital (but it was great when I wasn’t feeling well)
I learnt a few things:
- I like to be able to peek through the pages. Next time I will use even more transparencies and use my Silhouette Cameo a LOT more.
- I like the consistency of using the same type of numbers on every page.
- Clear acetate is your friend – a very versatile product
- Collages are also your friend – if you have a lot of photos to include, (or you are sick like me and didn’t really do much on a particular day)
- Having a plan at the beginning was great – I planned activities to happen through the month so that I would have plenty to add to the album.
- I won’t be changing over to 6×8 format for Project Life in 2013 – it seemed like a good idea but this album is so thick that I know it won’t work for me.
- I need to practice some techniques – stamping, embossing
- I should NOT compare myself to others.
Here is the whole album, if you click on one photo it will bring up a slide show.
Please let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions. Thanks for looking, and please share your blog as I would love to see your work too 🙂